In the exciting world of streaming, Chromecast opens the door to a wealth of captivating content. While official apps cover a wide range of options, there are times when sideloading takes center stage, enabling the installation of apps that go beyond the usual selection. If you’re curious about how to install the RTS TV App on Chromecast using sideloading, this guide breaks down the essential steps.
How to Install the RTS TV App on Chromecast Using Sideloading
Simples easy steps to install the RTS TV App on Chromecast using sideloading are-
Step 1: Download the RTS TV Android TV APK
To get started, grab the latest version of the RTS TV Android TV APK file from a reliable source like APKMirror.com. You can do this on your computer or smartphone. Save the file to your device once you find it.
Step 2: Enable “Unknown Sources” on your Chromecast
On your Chromecast, access the Settings menu. You can do this by selecting the gear icon on the home screen or by hitting the Home button on your remote and going to the Settings tab. In the Settings menu, locate the System section and click on it. Look for the Developer options and select it. Within the Developer options, find the “Unknown sources” setting and switch it on. A warning message will pop up, informing you about the risks of installing apps from unknown sources. Confirm your selection by clicking “OK.”
Step 3: Use a File Transfer App to Send the APK File
Next, you’ll need a file transfer app to send the downloaded APK file to your Chromecast. There are various options available, such as Send Files to TV or ES File Explorer. Install the file transfer app on your smartphone or tablet, and follow its instructions to connect it to your Chromecast. Once connected, go to the location where you saved the RTS TV APK file and select it. Choose the option to send the file to your Chromecast.
Step 4: Open the APK File on your Chromecast
Now, on your Chromecast, use the remote control to navigate to the file transfer app you installed in the previous step. Find the transferred RTS TV APK file and select it. This will prompt a dialog box asking if you want to install the app. Choose “Install” to proceed.
Step 5: Follow the On-Screen Instructions to Install the App
The installation process may take a few moments, depending on the size of the APK file. Once the installation is complete, a confirmation message will appear, indicating that the RTS TV app has been successfully installed. You can now access the app from the Apps section of your Chromecast.
Step 6: Start Watching RTS TV Channels
Launch the RTS TV app from the Apps section on your Chromecast. You should be able to browse through the available channels and select the content you want to watch. Use your remote control or any other input device provided with your Chromecast to navigate the app’s interface and control playback.
It’s crucial to be aware that sideloading apps onto your Chromecast comes with certain risks. This method is not officially supported by RTS TV or Google, which means there’s a possibility that the app may not work correctly or could be removed from your Chromecast in the future. Exercise caution when downloading APK files from third-party sources and ensure that the source you choose is trustworthy and reliable.
Other ways to install the RTS TV App on Chromecast using sideloading are
If you’re eager to enjoy RTS TV channels on your Chromecast, there are a variety of methods available. Let’s explore some alternative options that allow you to watch your favorite RTS TV content on the big screen:
- Utilize the RTS TV Website: The RTS TV website offers a convenient built-in Chromecast feature, letting you cast the live stream of any channel directly to your Chromecast. To access this feature, simply visit the RTS TV website on your computer or mobile device. Once there, click on the Chromecast button and select your Chromecast device from the options. This easy process allows you to effortlessly enjoy the diverse range of RTS TV channels on your Chromecast-connected TV.
- Explore Third-Party Apps: There are several third-party apps designed to provide access to RTS TV channels for Chromecast users. Check out these noteworthy options:
- Play RTS: This official RTS TV app is specifically designed for Android TV. With Play RTS, you can enjoy live streams of all RTS TV channels, catch-up TV, and a wide selection of on-demand content tailored to your preferences.
- RTS Sport: Sports enthusiasts can take advantage of the RTS Sport app, which focuses on delivering live streams of RTS TV sports channels. Stay up to date with thrilling sports events and access catch-up TV and on-demand content to relive your favorite sporting moments.
- Mobdro: A popular third-party app, Mobdro allows users to stream live TV channels from around the world. Among its extensive channel lineup, you’ll find a selection of RTS TV channels available for streaming on your Chromecast.
Keep in mind that the availability and functionality of these methods may vary based on your location and country of residence. In certain regions, specific RTS TV channels might be blocked or subjected to geo-restrictions. Therefore, it’s important to explore these options and assess their suitability based on your individual circumstances.
Do chromecast allow unknown sources?
Chromecast, developed by Google, serves as a secure tool for projecting content from mobile devices to your TV. Chromecast allows the projection of content solely from apps that have undergone rigorous approval by Google. These officially approved apps are considered safe for use.
Screen mirroring and tab casting serve as alternative methods for projecting content that is not officially supported by Chromecast.
- Screen Mirroring:
- Screen mirroring allows you to replicate the entire display of an Android device (such as a phone or tablet) on your television.
- This method is particularly useful for displaying content from sources that are not inherently supported by Chromecast.
- It’s important to note that the quality and performance may vary, and compatibility depends on the specific Android device.
- Tab Casting:
- With tab casting, when using the Google Chrome web browser on your computer, you can project entire web pages or videos from your computer to your TV.
- This is akin to sharing your computer screen with the TV.
By utilizing one of these methods, whether it involves sideloading the RTS TV app or utilizing the RTS TV website or third-party apps, you can enhance your Chromecast experience and gain access to a diverse range of RTS TV channels, including news, entertainment, sports, and more, all from the comfort of your living room. Always prioritize the security and reliability of the sources you choose for downloading and streaming content to ensure a safe and enjoyable viewing experience.